Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0: A Comprehensive Guide to IHHL under Swachh Bharat Mission
Official Information Table for Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0
|Scheme Name||Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0|
|Organizing Ministry||Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs|
|Target Audience||Urban households lacking individual toilets or have unsanitary toilets|
|Financial Support||Varies by state and Union Territories|
|Components||Urban households lacking individual toilets or having unsanitary toilets|
Official Links for Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0
- Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
- Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0 Official Portal
- IHHL Application Portal
(Note: The above links are for illustrative purposes; please refer to the official website for accurate information.)
Introduction to IHHL under Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0
Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0 is a sanitation scheme aimed at constructing Individual Household Latrines (IHHL) for urban households. The mission encompasses various components, including household toilets, community toilets, public toilets, solid waste management, and public awareness campaigns.
Financial Benefits of IHHL under Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0
The scheme provides financial support for toilet construction, with the amount varying by state and Union Territories. For example, a minimum of Rs. 6667 is provided in states like Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, and Gujarat, while Rs. 12,000 is provided in states like Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh. Union Territories receive Rs. 5333 for toilet construction.
Eligibility Criteria for Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0
Any urban household that lacks access to an individual toilet or has an unsanitary toilet is eligible for this scheme. The scheme aims to cover 80% of urban households that engage in open defecation.
Required Documents for IHHL under Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0
To apply for the scheme, the following indicative documents are required:
- Aadhar Linked Transfer of Incentive
- Aadhar Number
- Bank Account Details
- Passbook Photograph
Online Application Process for Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0
- Create an Applicant Login ID: Register on IHHL using your Name, Mobile Number, Email, Address, ID Type, and ID Number.
- Enter Geographical and Owner’s Particulars: After successful login, enter details like State, District, ULB Name, Ward No., and other personal information.
- Submit the Application: After successful submission, an IHHL Application Acknowledgement slip is generated with the Application ID and Bank Account Details.
Offline Application Process for Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0
For those who prefer an offline application process, you can visit the nearest office of the Urban Local Body (ULB). Here, you can obtain the application form, fill it out, and submit it along with the required documents.
FAQs Related to IHHL under Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0
- How will I receive my financial support under the Scheme?
- Financial incentives will be deposited directly into the bank accounts of the beneficiary households.
- Will I receive the entire amount in one go?
- No, 50% of the incentive will be released on approval by the ULB. The remaining 50% will be released upon verification of the toilet’s construction.
- Where can I upload the picture of the toilet to claim the remaining amount?
- You can upload the picture at the official Swachh Bharat Urban website.
- Is there a specific purpose for the financial support?
- The financial support is specifically for constructing individual household toilets.
- What are the components of the mission?
- The mission includes household toilets, community toilets, public toilets, solid waste management, and public awareness campaigns.
- Who is eligible for the scheme?
- Any urban household without access to an individual toilet or with an unsanitary toilet is eligible.
- How do I apply for the scheme?
- You can apply online through the IHHL portal or offline through your nearest ULB office.
- What documents are required for the application?
- Aadhar number, bank account details, and a passbook photograph are required.
- Is the scheme applicable in all states?
- Yes, the scheme is applicable across all states and Union Territories.
- How long does it take to process the application?
- The processing time may vary but is generally completed within a few weeks.
- Is there a deadline for application?
- There is no specific deadline, but it’s advisable to apply as soon as possible.
- Can multiple members of a household apply?
- The scheme is generally for one toilet per household.
- What is the role of the Urban Local Body (ULB)?
- The ULB is responsible for approving applications and releasing financial incentives.
- Is there a penalty for misuse of funds?
- Misuse of funds may lead to legal actions and disqualification from the scheme.
- Who oversees the implementation of the scheme?
- The scheme is overseen by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs.
Conclusion: The Impact of Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0
Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0 is a comprehensive sanitation scheme that aims to construct individual household toilets for urban households. With its multi-faceted approach, the scheme promises to significantly improve sanitation standards in urban areas.